Monday, March 4, 2013

Update # 5 (don't buy a Volkswagen in Alberta)

Hello Team!!!!

How much do you miss me?

I fear that if I had received another email from (hot)ROD that's what it would've said.. creepo. He finally stopped emailing and texting me on Thursday. What part of I'M NOT INTERESTED do you not understand?!
And if you're so keen on googling people, google me again and find my blog, and read my entries where I made fun of you. lol

So, I've been driving my car for the week. The stupid guys are coming to my work on Thursday to fix my car- aka take off the stupid lettering that I told them to remove before I was to pick it up, and treating the area underneath. 
I also realised today when i went to put air in my tires, that I had been had (yes. it took me a while to catch on).
When I talked about the car with the dealer, he told me that it came with nitrogen tires. I had no idea what that meant, but if that's how the car comes, at that point WHO CARES JUST GET ME A DAMN CAR. And when I was picking up the car (still unnamed), we ran through everything, from the bills to the warranty to how to turn the lights on ect and it all kind of blended in together... it took almost 3 hours after an 8.5 hour work day and almost 2 hour drive!
Looking at my bill of course, I now see that the nitrogen was an option that I paid for... $700 plus tax and labour. Ok fine, that's what I get for rushing. 
Obviously the tires needed air today- one day it's +10 degrees, the next it's -10; poor tires... OH WAIT. I CAN'T PUT AIR IN MY TIRES WITHOUT TAKING THEM TO THE SHOP!!!! AND I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!!!
WHAT HAVE I DONE!?
So I'm going to spend the weekend looking into selling the car back or just selling it in general. If you know anything about returning a week old car, let me know. I'm serious.
I'm very annoyed with my stupidity and Volkswagen and I just want to get away from them.

Anyway...

SIGH SO LONG AND HARD***

The job is good. My boss took a day off for the first time in a year because he had me there to help with work! I... was there for 10 hours today... clearly I do not work as fast as he. lol. 

What else? I really wish that I hadn't started off this email bitching about my car... now I'm totally sidetracked. It also doesn't help that the new hgtv show my Brick House is on. The woman whom the show revolves around has no expression... it bothers me. 
Come camera's follow me around as I nearly pass out in yoga or catch my self with a giant camel toe, follow me as I wake up with my feet inside of my pillow case rather than it under my head, follow me as I bang my head on my desk at work and make the same mistake on autoCAD time and time again, follow me as I buy a car with stupid nitrogen tires, follow me as I walk around with white fuzzies in my hair and a huge cheek zit I'm unaware of (true story.. stupid new towels), follow me when Andrew comes over and goes through each of my drawers and comes in the washroom while I'm taking a shit, follow me and I will go on more dates with stupid weird people for your entertainment, follow me as I quietly rage that the tiny $25 space heater I bought blows the fuses in half of the house causing the landlord to enter my suite without my permission to flip the breaker back and then proceed to touch my stuff. Yes. This is my life. 

I realise that it is moderately unacceptable, but between getting gouged by my insurance company, the stupid car situation and the completely awful selection of cable I pay 30$ (including internet) a month for, I can't be bothered to stress myself over nosy friends or annoying superintendents and illegal apartments. Nobody had negative intentions. Nobody lied (except everyone at Volkswagen). Nobody is hurt. Thus, I am fine. 

Wow, I sound a bit unhappy. I am not. I will move out of here 5.8 months when my lease is up- in the mean time it's relatively cheap- so silver lining. And it's not like the car doesn't run...
Some guy in a pick up truck tried to race me today. CALM DOWN- obviously I kicked his ass... until we hit the speed limit- then I drove like a responsible adult. Because you have to... because there are speed cameras every where and pot holes that could swallow a Toyota Highlander. 

Totally random, when I was trying to pry the caps off of my nitrogen tires (I think I miss Binty), I noticed that there was food all over the front bit of my car. Like joe-louis or something. So I went and got gas (that hurt- $45 for 3/4 of a tank!) at a station that had a drive through car wash. It was not a drive through car wash- you have to drive in and hand wash your car because it's broken. WTF. lol Just put an out of order sign up!!!

What else is new... 
Guys, advert your eyes. 
I decided to go back onto birth control- worst idea ever. I forgot how big your boobs get... and sore! Jesus. Obviously I quit that. It's not like I need to be on it for anything...

So on that note (come on back gentlemen), I'm very single still. And I have decided that I like having a dude! like.. who is going to take my car in and get air in the tires for me?! Or scrape it off and warm it up for me? Who is going to tell me that the other lady at work has nothing on me and to keep up my good work?! And who is going help me carry the groceries? And why hasn't he shovelled the front step? I needed my feet rubbed on Friday, and I had to do it myself! lol
I'm laughing, but I'm serious.

That's new!!

I got a job in a bar called Marquee, so I worked all day at one job and then stood all night at another- hence needing a foot rub... http://marqueemansion.com/

I interviewed there on Thursday and started on Friday- training shift. I'll be working one or two shifts a week... hopefully just one, if they do end up hiring me on. Hopefully I will know that by Wednesday. The GM plays co-ed basketball and said she needs a filly for the team and asked me! So I need to get the McPherson house and get my ball gear up in heeeere! lol My coworker told me to go to walmart and get some basketball shoes. He obviously has never played, nor tried going for a jog in a pair of crappy shoes. 
Even if they never ask me to come and play, they were SO damn nice, especially for a bar, that I still can't wrap my head around it. Everyone goes for breakfast together after work.. the owners bought me a shot saying welcome to the team. It was insanely dead on my training shift and they still tipped me out (for the non bartenders out there, that never happens) evenly even though I was a third on a 2 person bar and I still made decent money. 
It is exactly what i wanted- nice people, 2 shifts or less, and the opportunity to get out there and make friends and the dj was great!. Hopefully it works out!!

What else... 

That's kind of it. Am I allowed to be annoyed that a long time friend of my mine lives in Calgary (3 hours away) and can't find an afternoon to grab coffee? I keep offering to drive down. I kind of let them know that I was annoyed by them and politely suggested that whenever they would like to take a turn reaching out, to go for it. I've known them since grade 10... be real. If you're over me since last summer, just say it but don't let foolishly try to make plans with you every week and then nothing ever happen..

Ok... I think that's it. 
My life has become boring. 

If you haven't already, can you shoot me an email or text and let me know that you receive my little updates? It makes me so happy when I do get a response! Also, my number is the same! ##########- text away!

Thank you family, Mom (McPherson mom that is.. real Mom falls under 'family'), R2 and Ola for your diligent attention. It always comes at the right moments (cue tears).

Aw. my least favourite part where I begin bawling as I write goodbye. 
... I'll go sweat it out at yoga. 

I love each of you.

Always.
Love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment