Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Oprah and Deepak 21, Day 3

Yesterday's session was so difficult for me that I shamefully wrote just a few lines in my journal.. I just couldn't focus. It could've been because I was worried that I wasn't meditating correctly.. or because I did it before bed rather than at the start of the day.
I did take from the lesson however, the beauty of the whole and found the Mindful Moment to be profound. HOW HAVE I NEVER THOUGHT THIS WAY (“Is this the most nourishing choice for me and everyone around me?” If when you check in with yourself, your choice feels right in your heart, then proceed with abandon.)

SO.

I researched different meditating techniques before bed. Wherein I proceeded to only sleep for only 3 hours despite giving myself 8.5 hours to sleep.
Woke up, got a glass of hot water and took some deep breaths while I listened to today's message.

There is something wonderful about having Oprah's voice play through my mobile wifi... like she's is talking just to me.

What I found most profoundly useful from today's message was 'attention and intention' and allowing abundance to flow easily.
how simple.

I lost the mantra a few times. I forgot what the words that I was saying to myself meant. I lost my posture a few times. I had to keep my eyes gently gazed at the floor because when I closed them I began to fall asleep (so tired). Why did I get sidetracked thinking about my teeth?

However, I had many successes. First of all, I had 10 minutes of silence after reading and listening to incredible life lessons from Deepak and Oprah. I let all of my slip ups go and refocused. the incredible pain that has been shooting up and down my back quieted itself. As the day has worn on, I find myself hearing the desperate noise of the people who can't silence their own negativity and am aware of how similar I can sound.
I appreciate this opportunity to be thankful for this day, the introduced thoughts, the message, the silence and sound of my own breath.
How did it never occur to me to how easily nature takes its course? I am working on being like a rose, not struggling to blossom, just letting it happen naturally, without limiting beliefs.
'Abundance flows easily and freely to me.'

Meditation is a crazy and beautiful thing and the chance to have it led but such peaceful guides is incredible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment