Tuesday, September 28, 2010

2 movie passes!!

I do expect a few pats on the back for this: I took public transportation today when I could've taken my car.
Granted the engine light came on in Binty (my car) last night.... But I spent $6.00 on transportation and I walked instead. Met up with some peeps for lunch, but not before some woman hacked all over my life in the subway... and I almost fell in the damn subway car and had to catch myself, therefore touch a pole. My peeps and I had burgers at Grindhouse (yum) and it did not occur to me until after I had eaten that I didn't wash the TTC filth off my paws before dining. Fuckity. My car is filthy, but at least it's my filth. I've decided that if need be, I would SO be that person who wore a medical mask in public during flu season. And I can't hide it, if you disgust me with your coughing and hacking and sneezing it's all over my face... as I'm sure it was today. Her filthy distraction caused me to miss my stop too... Well, my staring and disgust caused the missed stop but I'm blaming coughing lady anyways.
On a TTC related note, I would just like to say that I still believe in chivalry. I don't think it's just for men to charm women. Why didn't anyone give up their seats for the older folks on the subway car today? Well...Umm, no I didn't. This old guy gets on the car and heads the other way looking for a seat and no one moved!! No one even moved over so he could hold the pole!!! I wanted to go and get him to give him my seat but I knew that if I moved, someone would just take it. And I was too embarrassed to yell for him. Lame. That makes me lame.
Anyway, the whole reason I was on the damn TTC was to get to Bloor street to shop for boots. I never made it there. I did however shop. Two pairs of pants, 1 tee, 1 sweater, 1 mascara and 2 pairs of gloves later... no boots. I was also seduced into buying $75 worth of merchandise at Shoppers for 2 free movie passes! What a deal! And I'm going to the movies right now! The Shoppers is on the lower level, the AMC theatre is one level up. The movie passes were for Cineplex. Tricky bastards.

I always know when my roomie has showered; she leaves the water dripping. That stupid tap tap tap tap kills me! And whales. It's driving me nuts. I've gotta stop it; and yes, you CAN call me hero- saving the world one water drip at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment