Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Update #2

Update from yesterday, Feb.18

HI Team!!

I got into a little furnished bachelor apartment in house... 
I moved in on Saturday... then spent a small fortune buying things like dishes and bed sheets
... and spent Saturday and Sunday trying to fashion various filters to put in under and over the vents because the lovely superintendents smoke like chimneys in the house. Yuck... and it filters into my life. But I figured it out! And currently my places smells like chili. Because I am making some. 

I also got approved to finance a car! Woot first car that I bought by myself!!
I however have decided to lease my new volkswagen jetta and will get my hands on it the first week of march, it's in shipment.

I joined a moksha yoga studio... that, aside from car and debt payments will be my big spend on myself every month... hopefully i will make some friends there!
I went for the first time on Wednesday and laid in childs pose (aka in a ball on the floor) pretty much the entire time! I haven't been to yoga since 2009 and I almost passed out and just couldn't get myself back together.
Then I was dehydrated from sweating so much and felt sick all day Thursday... so I skipped yoga and drank a bottle of prosecco instead. Obviously that did not help and I had my first Friday at work and also my first work hang over. 

On valentines day, the company owner came into work with  yellow roses for the 4 ladies (moi included) in the office. His name is Irv. He's 81 and come into the office every day for a few hours and putts around. His wife passed away recently.. I think he likes the company. 
I was able to a lure a hug from him as thanks... but really getting a hug was a gift for me.

A guy I went to high school with, Andrew Foley, lives about 15 minutes from me. He found my complaints about Alberta on my facebook and we reconnected. 
Him and his husband have been godsends. They had me over last week and cooked me dinner, and took me for indian food yesterday as a birthday dinner....

Segway (that isn't a word?!) to my birthday.

I have not been looking forward to it... I had set some goals for myself to achieve on my last birthday and only met one (get a grown up job). I know that age is just a number and it is not a reflection of all of the value that i have in my life... I have so many amazing friends and my family is great and I have my health. One really shouldn't ask for much more than that...
Actually I feel better as I type that out. So many of you h ave been so kind and so generous with me in so many different ways
But I still don't want to turn 29 and be 3500km away from everyone I love. 

But if you call me tomorrow, I  may not pick up because I will either be working or getting ready to go on a date with my car salesman. Lame. He's 42. Don't worry- I told myself the next time I date an older guy, he at least has to be rich, so this won't be anything serious. lol
He asked me out over a text message. SO LAME. and then asked me where I wanted to eat and what movie I wanted to see. Also Lame. how about you plan the date you asked me out on. So I will not be treating it as a date... but as something to do on my birthday. I don't think it is a date actually... because he's been so lame and because in one of his texts he said he couldn't let me be alone on my birthday. It's a pity situation. Which works for me because I want some free stuff with my car. So far he's thrown in the custom Jetta rubber floor mats. 

Have any suggestions as to what else I should try and get?!

LOL.
I'm going to hell. 

So the job is good... i still have SO much to learn! But I cannot express how kind and patient everyone has been. 

I'll be attempting my second yoga class today and am going to make it a habit... my goal today is to only lay in childs pose for 1/4 of the class... haha.

I am otherwise superduper lonely. I have received a phone call from one of you almost everyday and I love you for it.
My focus is to be better company to myself... because it's not like I'm bored; I think I just think about how far you all are too much!

I also have to get off my ass and find a job in a night club for the weekends. Make some cash money and get in a workplace with people closer to my age!

And just so you know, i've only signed a 6 month lease so far on my humble abode so if any of you want to move out here, we can get a place together and be friends.

Also I have skype. Thebobbijaye. And i  have unlimited canada wide calling... so if you want to chat, msg me and I can call you. Also. don't forget I'm 2 hours behind you!

My address for now is 33 ave nw, edmonton alberta. Everyone here thinks not have street names but numbers is brilliant. I find it very annoying, although logical. All of the streets run east west and the aves run north south. So 50th street runs into 50th ave. and there will be more than one 50th ave because one will be 50th ave nw and another will be 50th ave. To get to my AVE you turn off of 85th street, and then the first right is 85-1 street. That is ridiculous. I would like to contact the province and offer to go around renaming streets. Because they are obviously struggling. 
anyway...

I looooove you!

love.

No comments:

Post a Comment