Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Update

This is an edited version of the group email I will send home whenever I have time and something to say...


Remember when I moved to Edmonton...? And not even Edmonton, but Leduc. Google it... you'll be jealous. It's like New Hamburg Ontario on steroids... really ugly and everyone drives trucks and never more than 10 UNDER the speed limit. Drives me insane.

In this wonderful winter wonderland province they don't salt the roads... because when it get's cold, the salt freezes (it gets that cold). They use gravel and small rocks. Everyone has chips in their wind shield. 
I've yet to meet anyone who uses all of the consonants in any given word. I don't want to seem rude, or imply that I've noticed that I'm surrounded by rednecks, so I've not just asked anyone why that is...

All jokes aside, everyone is very nice. Except all of the people who have housing... because I don't have any yet. And i'm jealous.

I've made myself a nice little set up... someone parked their portable trailer in this parking lot by my work, so i bought a propane tank and am staying there... I'm quite enjoying the little stove! It's cold and I worry whenever I hear a car come by that it's them and I'll be back in the motel again. But there are worse ways to save money!!

If I do get caught, I'll head back to the Airport Motel, room 203, for $500/week; where the non smoking rooms are filled with smokers and the smell seeps into my nostrils and clothes and the light bulbs randomly start on fire.... 

Makes sleeping in a unknown humans trailer seem moderately appealing. 

Hopefully this unfortunate situation is resolved soon... by finding an apartment. But it's high season here in Alberta and housing is hard to come by. If i don't find anything by months end, watch out Ontario, I'll be back!!

I've been gaining weight rapidly (not really), eating frozen dinners and carrots by the bag. Please be kind with your words when you see me next. 

Yes, I saw JWS. Someone let it out of the bag that I was here.. SexyBitch. However I'd already called him by that point anyway (whhhat?! I was lonely) so it's really just jokes SexyBitch!
We (Plaidcapimports, JWS' brother, JWS and I) met up for a (free) dinner (thanks Plaidcapimports!!) with some of Plaidcapimports' old co-workers.. ate like pigs, had some wine and went our separate ways... They also gave me some free wine, which I drank all at once right after our visit...
What did I get out of seeing the old ex..? A flat tire.seriously. But. It was good to see him... I spent a long time loving him and it's good that he's well. Even though.
Meeting his brother was great- he's amazing and fun. And loud! Also kind... And honest, a quality I expected to be lost all things considered.

Oh yes... And I did get a job!!!

I started it yesterday. I work at Sandborn Roofs Inc (please go to facebook and like the page... my boss said we need 25 likes for something.. I don't get it. Find it at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sandborn-Roofs-Inc/352197448205641?fref=ts) as the new Project Coordinator. 
I have no idea what I'm doing and it's really hard to learn because there is a lot going on, it's busy and my office is not in the cool area (aka it's on the OTHER side of the lunch room.. haha), but my bosses and team members are super supportive and professional (laid back, but very together!), and eventually I'll catch on. 
Like today, I caught on to the fact that there is indeed a woman's washroom and not just an unlabelled toilet room with a urinal in it. 
Everyone, like I said, is being very patient. 

I'm joining a yoga studio tomorrow... I keep calling them trying to volunteer so I can A. make friends and B. get free yoga. We'll see how that goes... exercise and I, we're not friends. But it will be heat!! So... yay, bonus!!

An old friend from high-school messaged me on facebook (all of my complaining about edmonton caught his eye) and he lives 25 minutes from my work! So he and his husband cooked me dinner yesterday and showed me around West Edmonton mall. Thank god we went close to closing time because I wouldn't have been able to continue on... so much walking!! lol 
It was really nice to see a friendly face and get a hug!! I just love hugs. 

Thank you so much for your love and support and send me your vibrations... I really need to find an apartment!!

Also. Visit me. If you come BEFORE I get an apartment, I have 2 beds, so....

HI DAMIEN!!!!


LOVE.

2013. It's our year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment