Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Chris Frampton (rot)

So I got headshots done in November by Chris Frampton. A few fellow actors recommended him and the agent I was signing with had actors who used him and they were all pleased. I had a consultation with him and decided to get my headshot done by him.
I paid 100$ more than he advertises but he told me that he'd recently up'd his prices to remain competitive, a very believable argument.
When I went to meet him at his studio/apartment he was very organized and formal.
A few days before I went to get my actual headshots done, he emailed me asking if I could change my time slot for another gig, but I couldn't because I had to work. A few emails back and forth resulted in my time staying as it was. I was a little annoyed but it's no big deal- stuff comes up right?
When I went to his studio on the day, he wasn't there. And I had a bad feeling. My sister and Mama had stayed over the night before and felt that, based on his emails, he was already unprofessional and too expensive.
Don't worry, I didn't go with my gut. :|

I waited about 15 minutes at his studio, only to watch Chris wander home from the local coffee shop!!!! I was so mad, I sat in my car deciding what I wanted to do. The wait list to get in to see other photographers was just as long as his, most of them longer- if I didn't get my headshots done that day, they may not have been ready to go come January when I was ready to start working with my new agent.
I decided to go in. Of course his doorbell didn't work, so I had to email him to get in to his damn place.
Then I went in and the makeup artist he used did a bad job- but in hers and my defense, I thought she had done a good job at the time.
He took several pictures, pretty much all the same, different shirt.
I wrote him a cheque for $480 that I thought covered everything, turned out that I still owed $100 to the makeup artist.
I got my photos about a week later and hated them all except two, but my agent found 7 or so she liked and narrowed it down to 3 that we've been using.
The cheques were cashed within 2 weeks of the shoot. I have been asking since then, November 2010 for my receipt from the shoot so I can do my taxes and Chris responded to me once saying that he was waiting for them to come in, but he'd email it to me.
I've asked him several times since then for the receipt and my new agent even emailed asking for it and he has yet to respond to either of us. I checked the obid's, he's not dead and he wasn't in an accident. And if all he's doing is emailing the damn receipts, the draw one up in Word and friggin email it!!!

I want to report him to whoever you report douche bag business owners to but I can't find him being registered anywhere.

If you're reading this Chris, I hope you never act like this again with anyone else. How would you like it if no one would issue you receipts for all the camera equipment and materials you bought?

And while I'm letting things out...

W hotel, give me my damn money back!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment