Sunday, January 6, 2013

It's a Bullseye or Nada.

I'm not sure how you all fall in love...
If you build friendships and end up falling, or it's love at first sight, or you got knocked up on a first date and learned to love them, or it's a co-worker or maybe you stole you're love from your best friend?

More likely Cupid meant to nail you with a love arrow that sunk so deep, he knew that no wind, no rain, no winter's cold (can stop me baby.. oh baby, cause you are my girl ohoooh!) could come between you and your lover- but he fucked up and only nicked you with it.
So for a while, everything about that person you fell in love with, is adorable, or you can see what's admirable or earnest in the choices and things they do.
But as Cupid's nick wears off and your love starts to mend, or become reality, all of those cute and sweet things from before... well.. they become annoying. or repulsive. or irresponsible.
And you, having had no idea that Cupid had attempted to shoot you in the first place, wonder what you saw in that person for all of that time. Not that there's nothing to see or love, per say... but at the end of the day, had you not been nicked by that stupid arrow, you probably would have liked that person from a far- as a friend, or co-worker, your best friends partner or just as a shameless one night stand. Liked.

It's funny isn't it?
Two weeks ago I was so in love with a man who didn't love me- and for months I've been pining too. Spent almost 2 years together and went through so many things- and in the end when, if we could've just muscled  through for that pot of gold, we would've been golden, he snapped his suspenders and booked it. And just recently for me, something just clicked at the end of December and I don't love him any more...

So what I mean to say is, obviously, that Cupid missed and just nicked me and the wound has finally healed.

Also, I'm on a diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment