Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Monkey see monkey do.

I haven't been working. Since Dec 14th when my pharma contract was up.
And I've been staying at my friends parents house since Nov 22nd. I would say I've been splitting my time between home this abode in 'Sauga.
They are the sweetest people. They're letting me stay for free and include me in everything. I'm truly lucky.
Although.... the offer for me to stay with them was before I had no job- it was supposed to provide me an opportunity to work and just save my money, not pay a fortune in rent. I feel a bit guilty for staying here when I could just go home... but I'm trying to rotate weeks between home and here and continue to look for work in both places.
Looking for work in suburban areas with shitty transit systems  is quite difficult. 

So I've been applying for work online, and I finally just worked up the courage to venture outside and drop a  few resumes off at a few bars. 
I'm not sure what possessed me to go to Croc Rock in Mississauga to look for work... but I did it and got hired on the spot. And while I was standing there being reviewed and then offered the job, all that I was thinking was A. it smells so badly in here B. I miss Rehab C. I would never have to shower before a shift and D. that the manager cannot be serious about working in the clothes that he was in. VOMIT.
When I got back to my current resting place, I called Croc Rock and lied and said that I just got offered a full time position but thank you. 
I will figure something out. I don't think it's best that I kick my own self when I'm already down. 

NEXT!

No comments:

Post a Comment