Tuesday, February 8, 2011

God and I


I was leaving the elevator in my building today and there was a man headed to his car as well. We exchanged howdy-do's and then he said, "yes yes I'm doing much better than I deserve; God is good." I thought that was ridiculous and said, "come now" and he said, "no no, God is great and better than I deserve. Have a blessed day." All said with a smile on his face. 
Of course this interaction brings many things to mind. I don't believe in the bible -or God- the way many people do. 
I believe in the energy of faith and goodwill and that there is something out there that is greater than all of us- even if all that is, is the energy of our positivity and hopeful faith. I don't have blind faith in catholicism's God like this man appeared to, but his faith makes me happy and keeps me faithful to my ideologies. I really believe that some people wouldn't be good if there was no "God"- just think of all the things we people do wrong if we think we won't get caught and therefore there will be no consequences... not even considering the things people do knowing that it's wrong. 
So God is good- and all of our God's our different- and I suppose sometimes those God's are too good to us. I know I'm not grateful enough-I'll work on it.
Sometimes I talk to mine. Like I will tonight- just to say thanks. Sometimes it helps to let it all out into the universe- especially if you believe the universe will respond and are willing to let it (I need to work on that too). 
We all need a little faith-in something.
Good Vibrations.
That's what that neighbour gave to me.
Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment