Friday, February 25, 2011

Happy Birthday's are over, but YAAAAY! thanks!!

Just wrapped up my second, but official birthday party of 2011. I think I will have one every year. My friends need to know my friends.
Only a handful of the people I hold dear to my heart showed- many bailed last minute for sleep or work or because they forgot to show. A few that came were sick or had to work early but they came. And all who promised to show up later after work did not. 
But I had a great time without them. There was a stray who came by- my little sis, which was lovely.
Koko (other bday gal) and I made the rules all night. Lot's of laughter, lot's of food.
My arms are shredded up from my dress, which became all the more apparent from the shower I just had. But I looked cute enough- next year I'll give my wardrobe more effort. 
Missed what I'm talking about?
 I went out for my acutal birthdya on Saturday with a friend to celebrate both of our births, but kept it low key knowing I had tonights event plus FamilyDay coming. Went home after that and saw my family (yay! finally!!) And then...
I threw myself a joint birthday party- the first birthday party since stacey and don slept over in grade seven... or was that  grade 6? And I spent the morning being upset that more than half of my invites bailed with what I felt were cheesy or half truth reasons. In the end, with the exception of few (including my fam), the best friends and people I know and have in the world were there. 
Good night. Even though I made us all go around the circle and get to know each other. Even though I was 10 minutes late. Even though I was hurt by those who didn't show before I was thankful for those who did. Even though the food was salty.
Nope. Great night.
Birthday's are a big deal. Even if you're getting older and you're not ready for it.
Thank you. for being there- and Eli, for thinking of me and, to you who were there before on the day with your wishes and warmth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment