Thursday, February 17, 2011

Major Events in History...

When I was kid I used to pay attention to the papers and the tv, events at school and in the community to see what cool things happened on Feb 19th- my birthday. I remember one year, I was like 7 or 8, Leons was having a big sale. Maybe I was older. But nothing was ever happening.
But this time of year for a birthday sucks. People are just starting to get over their holiday debts, saving for vacations, are bummed out because of the weather, bitter from Valentines day- just kind of burned out in general. This time of year people are looking forward to one thing- summer. Or at least a hint of spring ( I know I am!!).
I thought of that because I'm just watching Criminal Minds Suspect Behaviour on line (should be memorizing lines) and a commercial came on saying that Rona is having a sale this weekend. lol. Something, besides my anniversary, is happening this weekend. It's funny- reminded me of the past. Which is funny.

Slightly Related:
I've had two birthday parties in my life- I won one from CJCS radio and had it at McDonalds and the other a few years after my parents divorced- I believe my 12th birthday.

After that my family couldn't really afford them and I didn't really think much of them. But I'm having 2 this year. One on the 19th, one on the 24th and of course headed home on the 21st for a crazy 24 hours with my family. It's all going to be good.
I'm making my own history. 

No comments:

Post a Comment