Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ghetto

There are a lot of things/places/people in my life that I call(ed) ghetto and one of them is my current apartment.

We got a notice yesterday saying that the garage door will be blocked off all day tomorrow so if you want your car, get it out by 9am. Thanks for the notice, glad you're doing up keep on the building... buuut they only put the notice beside the entry code to the garage, so if you didn't use your car yesterday or today, you won't have any idea you can't get out until you get to the garage door!!!

A week a go we got 48 hours notice saying that construction will begin on the outer walls of the building which is to go on for the duration of winter. Construction will go from 8am-4pm. Oh. K. Great. I dont' get to bed until 3am most working days, sometimes later, so essentially that notice to me reads " you will not sleep more than 4 hours a night between now and spring". The notice also said that due to the nature of the work, our balcony's, at staggered times, will be off limits ...aaaand we are required to keep our windows closed. Oh. K. Great.
We haven't turned the heat on in our unit yet and keep windows open at all times because it's so damn hot in here!! We wake up sweating in the night (I know this of roomie because she mentioned it, we have separate beds. And rooms.) We even leave the balcony door open all day to keep the apartment at a stable temperature for when roomie gets home. Gee. This construction sounds fun!
If I was living in an area that was developing I would expect noise, but I don't. I live in the ghetto. And except for the sirens, occasional drug deal and the shouting in the streets, I don't want or expect to hear any other noise.

Today we got another notice saying that the building is being treated for cockroaches. Apparently that's pretty standard. What I don't believe is standard is having to do the inside of the building... isn't it usually the garbage rooms, the garbage shoot and the exterior of the building your spray? The notice says that for tomorrow we have to empty our all cupboards, clean off all counters. Oh. Well then where would you like me to put all my stuff? It assures us that the Cockroach people use a gel so our abodes won't get all dusty; yes, because the new idea that there are cockroaches in here does not bother me more than dust...
The notice also says we will need to keep our windows open.... But I thought you said that we had to... you know.. keep.. until.. so that means I can't... because... but.... Oh. K. Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment