Thursday, October 7, 2010

Social committee

So I says to them I says, Mind if I start a social committee and they says sure but you have to start it and you get no budget and I thinks but i said i'd start it... and can't i even have a float? you do spend $800 bones a month on pizza that no one really wants... give me a float from that.
24 hours later I propose... Food Drive!!! Oct 15th -17th with all the details, including numbers, the food bank, hunger stats and already listed staff volunteers- 15 minutes of work (please drop off donations to the Thompson Hotel Concierge Desk). and she said i hope you're not planning on using work time for this.
First of all! Is that what you think of me and this?! 997,000 hungry Torontonians and you're worried about MY time commitment on a dime that isn't even yours!?Also. I had to send the proposition via work email because "social emailing" isn't acceptable and 2nd, obviously good people doing good charity find their own time to volunteer (jackass).

Unrelated.

Yesterday i was getting ready to go back to work (sometimes i literally spend more time at work than i do outside of work) and a great song came on the radio (Club can't handle me) and since i had a minute i had a dance party in my room.
Epic Fail. I started to cry...
The last time I remember doing something just for me that made me happy with no other consequence to me was so long ago that the memory isn't vivid.
I have a job I don't mind that has nothing to do with the education I have and the masters I want to obtain. My bosses, for an intricate part are idiots with goals and no plans. My family is at least 1 hour away. I work 50 hours a week at one job and 7 at the other, all hours opposite to most humans. My agent sucks; legitimized by the fact that a producer called me to tell me that my agent refuses to answer emails and calls for a job I already worked.
it's not right.

but if i may, i could be in a water leaked boat in the middle of some body of water with no paddle and i would  never ever give up; cause ain't no one else gonna fight for me as hard as i will.
Gentle reminder; there is no awesome without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment