Saturday, October 23, 2010

Liar Liar

I am the worst liar.

Why lie when you can just tell the truth? less to remember... Way less hurtful, especially because the truth always comes out.
But everyone else is lying their way ahead in this world..
It sucks because everyone else is so good at it. And there are so many ways to lie... by omission, white lies, plead ignorance, make up a new truth, on your back (muahaha), 'I didn't want to hurt their feelings' lies.

But I'd rather not lie about stupid things ... Person A: "are you hungry? want to go for dinner?" Person B (not hungry at all): I could eat, sure!
And I don't want to lie about big things, like having a boyfriend or an extra sibling or or cheating or a friggin STI (for the record, I have no diseases or infections what-so ever and I've never cheated and I'm sticking to my guns on having only 2 sisters and 1 brother.... still single...) because then I have to remember that lie, the person I told it to as well as any additional details that may come from having a boyfriend or an extra sister. And if you're willing to make up a new family member, what else will you lie about? And if you would pretend like you're STI free, what else would you do to me? So I'd rather just tell the truth and hope I get treated the same in return.

And I definitely don't want to lie about how you look or how you've made me feel, even if it is awkward. Yes, I can see your underwear through your pants and it makes you look bigger than you really are- fat. How does one say that nicely? I would obviously prefer if you didn't dress yourself to look bigger than you really are and then ask me when we're out to lunch if you look good- I would prefer if you just took a gander in the mirror before you left home and didn't leave that mirror until you felt good enough about yourself to not ask me how you look.
And I would prefer if you didn't tell me I look like I've gained weight or have more acne or dead ends or that you hate my best friend or whatever it may be unless I ask you, because that's kind of hurtful and if I tell the truth and say "well that hurts my feelings" then you're stuck in an awkward position of having told the truth when no one wanted it which is even more awkward so thus force me to lie and pretend like I think you tell me I look fat is okay or maybe even funny (which is a double lie).

I'm good at that though, pretending like something doesn't hurt me. Lame.I guess that does make me a good liar.

No comments:

Post a Comment