Monday, October 25, 2010

Vote!

I just deleted some dude off of my facebook because he's always (literally, like 5-10 times a day) bringing politics and inequality to my attention and it gets annoying because we don't care about the same things, we don't talk in person and.... he makes me feel bad for not paying more attention to the world.
So today... I was supposed to vote and facebook guy has made me abundantly aware of that with stupid annoying comments like, "thanks for voting" and "your vote makes a difference" and "what an amazing turn out this year" and then some post about Islam.
Yeah that' right. I did not vote. I totally forgot about it. I saw a sign on my way to work that said "Vote Here" and thought... hmm, weird.
And I had no one to vote for (this is my excuse... partial lie). Partly because I paid no attention to this election and partly because I would like Barack to run for Toronto Mayor so I could feel like my vote actually made a difference.
And I would like to joke around that clearly no one else voted since the city seems to be in upheaval over Ford's win- but apparently it was a good turn out. Maybe the person counting was a liar.

They should re-do Canadian Law.
I suggest making different coloured parties, green for the enviro party that cares about sustainable production and animal welfare, red for Conservatives, the stop- don't go there let's consult the old book folks, and a few others, like yellow for the good ol' Liberals. And of course we'd rename all the parties to their colour. And no matter what, the "people" would make sure each party abided by certain rules; like the letter of the law (human rights, the constitution), health care would also be mandatory as well as education, debt reduction, completing UN and G20 agreements, jobs, sustainability and farming as well as road re-construction (not new ones!).Of course, how each party when about each mandatory item would be different because they would be coming at it from a different perspective but all would be taken care of- and that is essentially what we would vote for, how it's done.
Great plan huh?!


Maybe I'll run for PM next year under GREEN; nothing else.

Vote for me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment