Saturday, October 30, 2010

Well I never!

I have quit 3 times in my life. First time, cross country race, maybe grade 6?... I thought I was having an athesma  attack  but it was a panic attack bc I wasn't going to win and I knew it. My mom and my coach were so supportive I felt guilty. 2nd time was TD bc my boss was a dick and people were small minded (looong story). 3rd time is going to be this job I have now bc my god; these managers are vultures. i spent an hour today in hr because I request too much time off (which I am never given) and ironically am sick (so they say) when i don't get my requests, an example based on a funeral (i lit a fire up under that bitches ass when she insinuated that). let's not get it twisted shall we? I work bc it pays the bills, bc dreams and education aren't free. I am a good worker bc my parents raised me right and bc good work results in reward, personal satisfatction and a feeling of general contribution to what i hope is someone's greater good. So when i have a job that doesn't quite afford me the time or schedule to volunteer, to work part time at a job that I actually like (that just doesn't quite pay the bills) or see my family AND i keep my mouth shut and do more that what's expected of me, i expect, nay, the government expects you give me a god damn day off, personal day, holiday, whatever you want to call it if requested within a reasonable time. and if 2 months is too much, 1 month is too much, less than a month isn't enough time for time off requests and I have to work thursday - monday, but that varies then what?
well, let me tell you.
i am sure someone else is hiring

No comments:

Post a Comment