Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Facebook: limited status...

I don't think much about a lot of things on facebook- especially those damn game invites. I like to wander through peoples pictures and I delete a few people almost every week: if I saw you in the street and wouldn't remember your name, you probably shouldn't be my 'friend' and if you're birthday comes and I don't feel it's right for me to slip onto your wall and say happy birthday, then I'll delete you.
Sometimes I look at peoples relationship status for my own gossip, but I never expect it to be there. Some people take your facebook status so seriously. I once dated a guy who would check my facebook everyday and usually saw what was on my wall before I did. He had a lot of annoying questions and accusations and eventually deleted me off of facebook. The whole thing was highly amusing and slightly annoying to me. We're still not facebook friends- luckily we're still acquainted and I remember his birthday in my head.
Sometimes I go to stalk people that aren't really my friends but whose lives intrigue me; it's always disappointing to see they didn't feel the same about me and put me on limited or have deleted me altogether. It's also funny- it is after all, just facebook.
I have one real friend who I suppose I've tried to date (mutually) a few times and it never worked. I love his family and I think they like me well enough, his girlfriends never love me (haha). I see him about once every year and a half. It's usually awkward for about 5 minutes because I find him so damn attractive- even when he mumbles, even his mismatched socks, but then it goes right back to normal. I keep up to date on his family by facebook stalking them; I love looking at all of their family pictures. I keep up to date with him through the occasional text. Today I went to look at his facebook and I'm on limited status and can only see about 13 pictures. His real facebook I'm not even on.
I wonder what that's about- to him? and to all of those people who keep people as a friend but only let you see a few things. Why? I wonder if I've done that to anyone. If I ever feel I need to put someone on limited status, I accept their invitation, do my computer business and then go back to facebook and delete that person. That's the most thinking that goes into my facebook.
I suppose because I don't do anything I'm ashamed of (and if I do I blame the vodka) and I don't write anything I'm ashamed of (that goes for this blog too... except for a few drunk blogs in my earlier days...) so if you know me, you get all of me, not a limited version.

Hmm... Seems like I have thought about a few things on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment