Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Roommates

So my friend Koko is a realestate agent and I asked her if she does rentals with the intention of asking her about helping me to find a great rental for a discount price come July. But she got really excited because she wants to move too and we somehow ended up talking about being roommates.
And I left the conversation excited with a sick feeling in my stomach- that maybe moving in with her would be a bad idea, especially since I really want to live alone.
She came over a few days later and was showing me rentals in her database and had to enter the requirements of the space to search. She turned to me and said, "this won't work if we don't have 2 washrooms. and a big kitchen." And I knew everything would be fine. She's as anal as I am, she very focused, driven, funny, sincere and we have our own friends and interests. She's a clean freak. We actually have very similar attitudes- I imagine if we fought it would be an epic battle ending in epic apologies- we both have this thing with guilt.
I think it will work and I'm excited about it. She found a great rental (yes, we're aware we have 5 months) at lakeshore and parklawn right on the water, 2 bedrooms, 2 washrooms, balcony, gym, concierge/security for 1800$/month. amazing.
I'm looking forward to it all.

Unrelated:

4.5 days until Miami!!!

1 comment: