Sunday, November 28, 2010

Binty


BINTY is a 2001 Hyundai Accent GSI. She's standard. She has dents all over the place and I've never hit anything, but a lot of things (bikes, kids on bikes, cars, jeeps, shoes with human feet in them...) have hit her and never while I've been in her. The blue hood came from the mechanic fixing the tranni and forgetting to latch it on his test drive. He gave binty back with a smashed windshield and that blue hood this past summer. Word of advice: do not let your moms boyfriend work on your car. Binty has 278, 244km on her and runs like it too! The drivers side window doesn't roll up unless you hold it because it slides out of frame, the blinkers and 4ways do not work if the car is cold, so she's a gem to drive in the winter (Nope, no one can fix it! I've been to a million mechanics who have tried). The tube for my washer fluid popped off so I can't wash my windows, very unsafe for these slushy times of year. The wheel bearing is going on the drivers side front tire and I need new tires. The ebrake light sensor is broken, probably because it got tired of the ebrakes sticking and quit. The dashboard lights blink on and off at their convenience, very inconvenient at night. There a several other things wrong with Binty, but she's only really let me down a few times. And even though she drives like danger, the heater works really well!

No comments:

Post a Comment