Friday, November 19, 2010

Opportunist

I need to work on being one of those people maybe.

I think another way to describe an opportunist would be 'one who takes advantage' either of the moment... or another person.

I think the line where you heed an opportunity and where you start taking advantage of people is fine and usually missed.

I need to work on taking advantage of situations. I can confidently say that I do not take advantage of people.

I just read what I've written so far, out loud to Mama. She said, "the world would be a better place if there were more people like you in it- I'm not corrupting you am I? It's just that the reality is nobody cares about you and they will take advantage of you and you need to know that"

My parents tell me that too. So does roomie. Said with the kindest intent always; because the people who remind you of the worlds realities are not opportunists. Not with me anyway... and hopefully never on purpose.

Unrelated:

My sister, Mama and I had a lovely time together. We went to Maison (got in for free... Thanks Daniel!!) and then to Cheval where we also got in for free (thanks Earl!!) and danced the night away!


Good tiiimes.

Love my sister.

Now... I'm supposed to go to some stupid party for people I think are shallow opportunists and I think I would be compromising my character to go and support those lame asses. Buuuut, Mama wants to go and I suppose one could argue that I should go as her friend. Someone else may argue that Mama shouldn't ask me to go if she's my friend too. Lame. I already committed.

I think I'm starting to get stressed about not finding a job and am taking it out on everything and everyone else I'm around... Which just happens to be Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment