Saturday, November 20, 2010

I have questions

Annoyingly, an alarm went off on my phone today reminding me it was NBA's birthday today.

Unrelated:

Do you have a friend that you hardly ever see but when you do see them it's like no time has past? You catch up and talk about the current tense and plans for the future as you both realize that being upset over the time that's passed since your last encounter is unproductive. And all of the times you meant to call them or pop by for a visit, or vice versa, are forgotten about; never mentioned and certainly nobody gets upset because they feel they've put in more effort than you.
Because it would be ridiculous to hold over your friends head the fact that they are busy or broke or have other friends besides you. Because all that would do is piss you off. Because if you're friend needs you that badly, why didn't they call you in their time of need rather than bringing it up when you do see each other. Because you're a great friend and a great person, but not the best mind reader. And if you really wanted to keep a tally of "friend effort" you'd be sure that you could concoct a list equally as long as your friends list of complaints.

I have a friend or two like that. It's annoying. And sparks disinterest.

I ironically flipped open a page in "don't sweat the small stuff" and that page was about not keeping lists of who does what or who doesn't do what and rather than making a list of the things that you do to help out, why don't you just do what you can to help because it will make you feel good and know that your friend or partner is doing the same; it will make your heart lighter.

Dear Friend Who has Recently Nagged Me,

I do what I can to see you when I can and sometimes life doesn't work out because we're busy people. If you feel like I'm not giving you enough, why don't you make a decision about how you would like to be treated and your expectations of those around you and if I don't measure up, why don't you make a healthy choice for yourself and let me go? Rather than pushing me away. Because the more time that passes between our visits, the more anxiety I have about seeing you because I'm afraid of how much trouble I'm going to get in. I will do the same for myself.
Just sayin'.

Always yours,

Bobbi



Unrelated:

I'm am fully prepared for the world to hate me after I ask this. But I ask with the best intentions and the most open of mind and because I couldn't find any legitimate articles online that have actually researched homosexual choices regarding dress.
I wonder, if a gay man finds men attractive, why would that man dress femininely and if a gay woman finds woman attractive, why does that woman dress more masculinely? Right? Because a woman that is attracted to women would be attracted to a woman who looks like a woman right?
I wonder if it's a fashion preference or an environmental or genetic response.
I wonder this because people find some styles more attractive than others and in my experience straight men are typically drawn towards good looking woman who dress well, and most men love to see the curves of a womans body. Straight women like to see good looking men who bathe and shave daily. So my rational is if I was dating a woman, I would want to see her dressed femininely. Although I suppose I do enjoy seeing a well manicured manly man in sweat pants and a tank top. yum. So does that mean it isn't just about style and choice? Woman who cut their hair and wear mens clothes but are attracted to woman dress that way because they're comfortable?
I just wondered.

No comments:

Post a Comment