Sunday, December 19, 2010

Jokes on me!

How is it that I just got a call from a guy I went on a few dates with over the summer? The same guy whom I told to never talk to me again and to leave me alone and I'm not interested. Why did he come to the club I work at looking for me, fill me in on his life to date and then ask for my number to "catch up"? How does that kind of stuff happen... to me? Why can't it be a guy I AM interested in?
 I panicked when he asked for my number because he got a new phone and lost my number. I didn't loose yours, it's saved in my phone as do not answer. I gave it to him. I'm not the one that's supposed to be drinking and therefore making poor decisions but I figured he could look it up from when we were first talking...
...It seems he literally sought me out at the club and gave me a high five when I looked up to serve who was next, proceeded to shout his past 6 months out to me while I served other people and then asked for my number. I said no but he didn't hear me and just stared at me waiting to get it. I suggested he facebook me (which thinking back on was a dumb idea because I deleted him off of facebook).
Can I tell you about a date we had and what happened leading up to it?
We had gone to school together, he happens to come to the club I work at, we chit chat, I pass along my number not thinking much of it, he calls, we chat, he's cuter than I remember, we chat some more and he's less cute (also calls me grandma bc I'm a year older. :|  ), we chat some more and he's cute enough just not my type but I figure what the hell, we plan a date (4 times) and something comes up for me everytime, I feel guilty and bring him HC to his work, he loves it and tells ppl we're together, I clarify, we talk less but he keeps calling, finally go on that date wherein I pick him up, he's not ready, we watch youtube videos and music videos at his parents for 4 hours, I leave, starving, and go to work annoyed, he calls, I ask him to stop calling bc I'm not interested, he keeps calling, pops by my work (I'm serious), calls some more, then the calls stop. Aaaannd until last night I thought it was because he finally figured it out. Turns out he'd just gone away for school and since he's back for Christmas break... guess who he's connecting with?.. Me.... :|

The irony?..

Another bartender and I are waiting to start our shift and we're chatting about giving out our phone numbers to customers who request them and how we always say no, even if we are interested because we work in a place where people can come back and see us even if we don't want to see them (I can't just walk into your office, sit on your desk and be like, "Hey! How come you didn't call me back?" - SO WEIRD RIGHT?!). I told this other bartender how I made that mistake once, thinking it was no biggie because I sort-of knew the guy from before. And then the guy shows up about 30 minutes later.
*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment