Monday, December 20, 2010

Routine

I think I'm getting to that age in my life where I need some routine. :( I need to be able to get to bed around the same time so I can get up and nap around the same time so that I can volunteer, work the same hours, go to the gym.
Last night I was so tired, I was going on 4.5 hours of sleep all day and worked for 9 hours. I came home, tried to unclog our tun drain for about 2 hours and failed. The water from yesterday is still in there.Gross. And went to bed, fell asleep around 12:45am and woke up at 3:22am. I tossed and turned for a bit and then finished reading "As I Lay Dying" by Faulkner. The end was confusing and I cried throughout the last few chapters, but not the last chapter-the last chapter devastated me. My acting coach encouraged me to read it to help create a base for emotion. It was an interesting read but I'm not sure it's a source I'll draw from when acting. Then it was 6am. I still couldn't sleep so I read the book Bobby Anderson gave me; he was a Fan at the Sports Bar yesterday who appreciated my service. He gave me the book, signed it and said, "I can clearly see you already live this way, but  this is for you anyway". His book is called "Living Well". At 7:10am my eyes finally quit and I fell asleep and I snoozed my 8:20am alarm. I woke up at 9:38am, Freak Out! Threw on my uniform, grabbed my makeup bag and left for work while trying to think of valid excuses I could tell my boss for not being ready to work at 10am as scheduled. Or wait... What time am I scheduled..? I checked. 1pm. I was already in the car over 2 blocks away. I turned around and came back to my apartment. Peeled off my clothes and am coming to you live from my bed, with heavy eyelids and an empty stomach.

I think it would be nice to have some routine; but I understand I can't have it all, or at least not all at once, or maybe just not right now.

Niiight!

No comments:

Post a Comment