Monday, December 27, 2010

Remember When

I'm sitting on the floor in my room because... well because I was going to put my laptop on my bed to load up while I got prepped for bed but then thought it might over heat so I put it on the floor by which point it was loaded up so I sat down to check my accounts (How do I have a 7/11 charge for Dec 29 when it's the 27?) and I ended up looking at facebook which took a minute because I haven't really been on line since the 23rd adn then I figured I'd better write in my blog now before I do curl up in bed and then decide I'm too lazy to even blog as I am currently FREEZING down here on the floor and am still far too lazy to get up and shut my window. 
And me being cold made me think of the jokes I was cracking today with a co-worker about getting older and how our bodies hurt a little more and how only hot showers can truly warm us up. 
And the chatter of warm showers reminded me of how those are out of the question here at my tiny abode because our drain is plugged and apparently the lazy landlord take holidays for weeks at a time (drain has been clogged for a little over 2 weeks but now it's out of control).
Buut maybe it's a good thing for tonight because all of this cold and then hot showering is drying out my skin. 

Unrelated:

Christmas at home was good. I was only there for 2 nights. Today was the big dinner at my moms which I missed because I was busy working a 14 hour day. 
It's different being at home because my parents' lives have changed so much since I lived there that there isn't really a place or space that's mine anymore; but that is of small concern when everyone's arms and hearts are wide open. 
I got some cash money and a camera for Christmas.

One of the girls I work with was joking around about not having a boyfriend over Christmas and how she'll never let that happen again because she didn't get any real presents; no one spoiled her. It was a joke said with seriousness that I found funny and totally related too... only I haven't had a boyfriend in so long that I don't remember what it's like to feel spoiled like that. 
I do recall the excitement and anxiety about getting your guy the perfect gift! 

Unrelated:

I watched an episode of "Undercovers" the other day. Don't really love the show- it has great potential but the writers could use some editing by both the writers of prison break and Grey's Anatomy. But the two female leads are mixed (looking) like me!! and the one girl is only a year older than me! I'm so jealous of their opportunity!!! Oh well, mine will come. As long as I don't find out that they audition that show in Toronto....


No comments:

Post a Comment