Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Joy of Baking

So I says to me I says, bobbi, this year you will bake cookies for a few of your friends.
Turns out I still hate baking and I'm bad at it. And shortbread cookies require a blender. Which I don't have. Also patience. Missing that... 
Roomie helped me make these chocolate dipped bread things I'd made with my mom last year. They didn't turn out right. And the cookies are gross. 
Insert sigh then chuckle- which only comes after much frustration because I got tired of whipping the butter and annoyed by how runny my chocolate dip was and sick of waiting for the cookies to bake and then sat on the floor almost sleeping waiting for them to cool so I could ice them.
Thank god roomie was helping me ("isn't there a candy-cane crusher machine? Seriously?! We need that").
You know what people? You will eat those cookies and dipped thingys and you will like them but I put my blood sweat and tears into them. Okay. Maybe just the tears. BaahahahaThis baking confirmed that I may not be the best soccer mom. Pfff- should pickney grace my life, Ill call in my siblings and mother to aid in the school bake sale department.

No comments:

Post a Comment